View Single Post
Old 11 Jun 2023, 11:03 (Ref:4162840)   #331
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Badass.

And I think the majority of drivers aside the likes of Joey, Chase and Kevin are smaller fellows these days anyways...
I forget so much. I think of drivers and big guys like Smoke, Ryan Newman, Mikey Waltrip
are always at the front of my mind. Guess I watched a lot more in the '00's or things stuck on my memory from that period more. Also possibly as I never watch pre or post race stuff hardly at all so the guys are in the car and I don't see the size!

Totally forgot about the steering being power assisted too. I think my mind is back when a nice Japanese - Satoru Nakajima - competed in Formula 1. He always struggled and explained the big powerful cars were difficult partly due to his size. Around 1991 I got to run a handful of laps in the 1986 Tyrrell F1 car. I was quite strong back then but I have to say I was totally overwhelmed by the sheer amount of strength and energy needed to drive it even at a pedestrian pace compared to the professionals. Bucket list ticked off and respect levels for everyone who races increased even further.

Now back to the last few hours in France...