Thread: Drag Racing
View Single Post
Old 16 Jun 2023, 18:38 (Ref:4164042)   #5
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
That perhaps reflects the fact that if you were interested in drag racing you might not , y'know, look for it in a thread about something else .

I just raise an eyebrow , that's all , that if a very niche area like drifting gets sub forum maybe drag racing and speed record stuff (as run by Straightliners ) deserves an opportunity ?

Some affect to look down at drag stuff , but as someone who attends everything from hillclimbs to racing at every level I think drag racing deserves more. It has a fanatical following , the spectacle is extraordinary and the customer care for paying punters puts most other disciplines to shame .
I'm not trying to diminish the appeal of drag racing at all. Just wondering if the lack of a sub forum is due to the lack of interest from previous posters on the subject. I appreciate you might not look in those areas of the site, but the search function returns very little on the topic too.

I guess the only real way we can now is for a sub forum to be created and see how popular it gets? I'm sure there are some prolific posters who would contribute....