View Single Post
Old 24 Jul 2023, 08:40 (Ref:4169663)   #28
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Anyway, heres my track side vid for anyone who interested:

https://youtu.be/BiI44juzwfM
Great stuff as ever, especially given there was no other coverage from the circuit on Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
I actually though the little E cars were fine, they are damn quick and the racing was fairly close in tough conditions
I actually - whisper it - quite enjoyed RX2E. Cars were quick, were absolutely flying off the jump and (most importantly I'd say) the racing was decent...

...but, that said, the sight and sound of Supercars is still my personal highlight. The Polo was putting a smile on my face every time it let out a massive crack!

Not the weekend I (or I think anyone) had been anticipating - and I was hugely disappointed not to see the Deltas and JK in action - but it still turned out pretty well. Felt like a 5 Nations round with some extra polish on it, but that was no bad thing. Some great racing (and "demos"), with no huge voids in the timetable. Saturday felt a little more disjointed to me, but Sunday seemed to flow really well.

Real shame neither Thorne or Munnich made it into the final. Thorne especially deserved a good result as he was the only driver consistently sticking with Patrick.

Have to wonder what the bigger picture is for World Rallycross. I don't want to sound overly negative (because those sort of posts really wind me up!), but I can't see how Mettet can happen. The drivers/teams/FiA obviously (and understandably) want to know what caused the fire and how to prevent it. But unless it is something obvious, I can't see any engineering investigation (and potential fix) being completed in two weeks.