View Single Post
Old 2 Aug 2023, 13:18 (Ref:4171054)   #31
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
With 2 rounds not taking place so far is the rest of the season in doubt?
I don't like to say it (because I fear I will sound like one of the "WRX is dead" morons on Facebook), but I am rather doubtful about the rest of the season at this point.

From what has been said it seems like Kreisel are still researching what has gone on and, based on the Special One statement which ruled out "human error", it seems as though a component has failed.

Given how little appeared to be left of the cars I can't imagine finding the cause of the fire is going to be easy but, even if they do figure that out quickly, it is surely going to take time to engineer, quality assure and then apply a modification/fix to all the existing components.

I assume there is some sort of contract with Kreisel: I guess the alternative would be to terminate that and look to another supplier for the electric drivetrain (and this catastrophic failure would probably give a legitimate cause for terminating an agreement?), but that isn't going to change anything overnight, is it?

Concerning the fly away rounds I'd really like to know how the cars are put together and how "deep" in the car the battery is. Can the batteries be easily removed (and so could the batteries be shipped separately to the cars and then easily installed onsite), or is a lot of disassembly required to get them out?