View Single Post
Old 30 Aug 2023, 15:11 (Ref:4174612)   #276
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i say this with love because i am truly a Massa fan, but what exactly is his legacy or what is the legacy that he may be hurting?

typically overshadowed by a stellar team mate, once finally out of MS' shadow, Kimi arrives and takes a title, came close the following year but no cigar in truly heart breaking fashion, then the accident/injury only to come back to then have Alonso as his team mate who also (like Kimi i think) won his first race as a Ferrari driver.

arguably his legacy is a radio message that pretty much summed up his career...that your team mate is faster than you!

a true underdog who wore his heart on his sleeve which for me is why i loved him. not quite a tragedy but certainly a career that fell well short of legend.

its his legacy so he can do with it as he wishes but imo this lawsuit maybe even adds to his legacy or rather speaks to a career of unfulfilled promise and as a life long sports fan and supporter of underdogs i find these types of stories incredibly compelling and worthwhile, warts and all, if that makes sense.

anyways, still of mixed feelings about all of this but talking about it, it clearly feels like im increasingly becoming more supportive of Massa.