View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2023, 13:33 (Ref:4174877)   #286
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
Logically, there is no reason it couldn't happen in the right situation. Take Lance Armstrong. He had a number of Tour de France wins stripped years after he won them. Now you can view that as a single "event" vs. a championship, but I think the comparison is valid.
great point. Agencies designed at protecting the integrity of sports leagues should exist and go after those who cheat and/or support those who cheat. Preferably in a timely fashion when possible.

Without such, issues stemming from cheating can and does linger for years to come as it is here sadly.

But F1 is more entertainment than sport so I guess none of this matters anyways. Maybe he is kind of a jerk for bringing it all back up again.