Thread: GT3: ACO style
View Single Post
Old 17 Nov 2023, 12:58 (Ref:4186236)   #325
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3_Fan View Post
WEC has no need to do this at all. IMSA is a place to try an idea like this. i think they should run two 10 hour Petit Le Mans on back to back weekends. First with LMP2, GTD Am. Second week with GTP and GTD Pro.
You do understand that would no longer be Petit but rather just 2 pointless SRO and LeMans Cup races right? Why do people keep wanting to destroy the essence of an event for well I have no idea what the motivation is frankly.

Oh and a 10 hour Sunday race IS NOT NOT NOT HAPPENING. By law it wouldn't work so just stop with that already. Back to back weekends is just not workable in terms of teams, track folks, corner workers, etc, it's just far far far too much strain on the costs and system to be viable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
No, Sebring pit structures are/were temporary. Adequate nevertheless. Here are a few examples on how things looked: https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...bring-paddock/

A similar type of set up for additional entries could work. Heck, the ACO did it @ LM so why not for other WEC rounds?
That was my thinking, if they can get 2-5 more cars in the freight making an additional pit area at 2 venues, one of which is schedule filler anyway COTA, they should consider it

Last edited by broadrun96; 17 Nov 2023 at 13:05.