Thread: 2024 Rallying
View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2023, 20:57 (Ref:4186935)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Said it in the 2023 thread, but probably more relevant posting here! I think next year could be an interesting one. Hyundai look to have the stronger full time driver line up, but Evans definitely seems to have the speed to at least hold Neuville off.
It has to be Evans' best shot doesn't it? Potentially Neuville and Tanak will take points off each other if Hyundai doesn't have a clear no1 driver.

Quote:
Hoping that M-Sport can bring the drivers (and cars) to get themselves in the mix. If they can find a work around for potential sponsor conflict, is there a possibility of Oliver Solberg appearing in a Puma?
I think the problem for M-Sport again will be they'll only be running inexperienced drivers (unless they can grab Loeb for the Monte again?). Add in the unreliability of the Puma and it doesn't look good. I haven't seen much about Solberg's plans (other than for the RAC) - is he still linked to Hyundai at all? Possibly more likely for a Rally2 campaign?

Quote:
The article on the WRC site reckoned there will be five at Monte Carlo and I think Latvala is quoted saying they are expecting to churn out 40-50 Rally 2 Yaris this year. Guess they are expecting a serious demand if they are building that many cars?
You'd have to think they've got orders in the book if they're building that many - you can't really afford to have them sitting around waiting to sell. The question is who is buying them? Interesting to see which current crews replace existing cars with the Yaris.