View Single Post
Old 8 Dec 2023, 09:03 (Ref:4188629)   #6
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
We haven't had rallycross in the North for a while now, so calender was no surprise. From my limited knowledge it looks dead and buried at Croft, certainly for the foreseeable future.
I saw a few comments on Facebook talking about the return of a circuit rally event to Croft, so I live in hope that rallycross might return there at some point.

After seeing the connection established between 5 Nations and BTRDA, I'm ready to believe anything can happen now!

Quote:
No chance of any new venues. Blyton I've never taken to and Knockhill is the best part of 4 hours away, which isn't worth it for what are usually pretty poor entries.
I was at Blyton earlier this year for the first time since 2014 and I forgot just how bleak the place is. I know the circuit doesn't have the required approval for Supercar but, even if it did, I just can't picture the circuit hosting a 5 Nations round.

I'd really like to go to Knockhill as I have heard praise for the layout of the rallycross circuit, but it is in deepest, darkest, Scotland and is pretty much the opposite end of the country to me.

Quote:
I'd love to go to Lydden but just way too far. Could have just about justified it when WRX was it's height but not now.
The Legend festival might justify the trip? Obviously we are a long way off entries yet, but if they can pull in a good haul of European retro cars/drivers then it should be a decent weekend and could be worth the journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Yep its going to be an expensive time making the trips down to Lydden from Newcastle and back next year, tho ill try and get to as many as i can. The lack of venues that are available is a real problem and unfortunately I cant really see that changing any time soon, tho ill still hope that Croft will return one day
Yeah. Again referring to the Facebook comments, I saw a few people asking for new venues like there is an abundance of them out there waiting to be found.