View Single Post
Old 4 Jan 2024, 16:21 (Ref:4190775)   #39
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
When I fist saw the video on U Tube, I remembered that Peter had posted on the Shell Oils series, so felt he would probably appreciate it. Of course once exposed to the glare of tenthers beady eyes, we see a new slant on things.

I agree that first impressions are awe, but then a closer look makes one wonder, just prior to the no limit signs there is a woman pushing a pram along the road, and full screen you can see more detail and colour, so not Stirling in 1953. However, the driver has no care for the highway code by his cutting corners.

Maybe as suggested it a simple road car with dubbed sound track, and speeded up to give the impression of speed, either way it is good viewing.

On another point, many comments refer to the engine sound, being very old I saw the cars race many times, and can assure you that the noise was a lot more ear splitting than sound tracks we see. The sound could physically hurt your ears up close, and it carried for long distances, at Aintree you could follow the the car around the entire circuit on the sound alone, rising and falling corner by corner, unforgettable.

Sorry to have bothered you all.
As always Baub, it was no bother. Your post sparked interest, thought and discussion (should I add 'as always' in here too?) which is what this place is supposed to be about...
(I also didn't think that the soundtrack/speed didn't really match the road either so I'm sure the two weren't really connected).