View Single Post
Old 22 Jan 2024, 20:47 (Ref:4192941)   #102
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by belt driven View Post
I go cold turkey on racing over the winter ; so apologies for dumb questions.

What did Shank do to cheat? I was a fan all the way back to Rolex/Grand Am. He was the only one to field 2 cars full seasons.

What happened to #5? Crashed, DNQ/will not start? Start from pits?

Understand Lambo has homologation commitments for WEC, but why no Ferrari GTP? So many roundballers and pop stars they don't need no stinking race publicity to sell cars in the US?
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Shank adjusted tire pressures out of the regulations and hid the data stream from Imsa at last Daytona. This allowed them to be great on restarts and smoke the field eventually winning.

Yes the 5 Porsche crashed in practice and wasn't repaired in time.
Shank did a bit more than adjusted, they literally changed the system coding to reflect proper pressure when they ran well below Michelin minimum pressures all Rolex weekend and only HPD tearing down the car found it and turned their partner team in to IMSA

No Ferrari cause Ferrari claims 1 the car is too tough for anyone but factory to run, 2 they can't build any more, 3 to prove 2 wrong, they are building a Corsa Clienti non-race version of the car for sale. Plus they got what they wanted with their LM24 win last season. I doubt we will see any of the Hypercar reg based cars other than the hopeful Aston Martin program enter IMSA. I guess MAYBE Toyota with a Lexus program but is there much to gain for them there. They have the Lexus GT3 and the new car coming with the GT4 Supra and then NASCAR and NHRA running as well for US sales.