View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2024, 10:54 (Ref:4193519)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've been a member since 1986 and agree with you. Where is the point of the club if it doesn't carry on the original tradition of competition? When one considers the MGOC, which was really just set up to cater for the MG "enthusiast" who originally used the MG as a daily until they became acceptable classics, the two organisations are poles apart. The MGCC doesn't have its own spares department preferring to simply direct owners to preferred suppliers. Thus it offers nothing other than its history.

I belong to the local Aylesbury MG coven and frankly all they want to do is sit around at club nights and discuss horses, their latest house move or the new Landrover they've just bought. Mention the history of MG and the MGCC and you can see their eyes glazing over. I've tried to get them to enter the Maharajah's tour and other such things and met with apathy. I'm now trying to get them to organise a charity cars and coffee event, where other clubs and general car enthusiasts can assemble. You can guess the current status of that.