Thread: Car Spotting
View Single Post
Old 25 Feb 2024, 19:37 (Ref:4198243)   #1970
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Angry, no; perplexed, possibly!

Gas is not usually a liquid unless it is "converted to one. I strongly suspect that Americans, who are so fond of shortening words whenever possible, have just diminished the word gasoline to just gas. And I believe that Americans even refer to diesel as gas, I think, and that is not petrol either.
But what if I only call it gasoline? Does that count? Cause diesel could be petrol cause it's from petroleum

I don't know any one who runs diesel who says gas. Fuel yes, diesel of course but gas? Never heard it before

And I use wings more often than fender/corner panel but rarely boot or bonnet. And tires are often boots, but wheels are never rims unless I'm mocking you for giant wheels and rubber bands. And propulsion is either motor or engine depending on mood or expression, never say blown an engine but blown motor or motor let go yup.