View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2024, 08:55 (Ref:4203697)   #106
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I just think ive seen far worse driving go unpunished so I dont know, maybe its a new directive or something, but the likes of Verstappen, Schumacher, Perez have all done things that have been very dangerous on track and in some cases they have been punished (granted), but I think in some other situations they got away with it.

I believe that the tightened the rules about this type of driving in the last few years, but they tightened them further this season plus they included the potential for the Stewards to penalise drivers with a pits' drive through, which is up from a ten second penalty. This is also included in the Stewards' report.

It would appear that the FIA seems to be attempting to stop erratic and/or dangerous driving, which is what Alonso was penalised for. We shall have to see whether they are consistent with this in the future, but somehow I doubt it as they do not have the same team of Stewards at each and every race. One man's poison, etc.