View Single Post
Old 9 Apr 2024, 14:56 (Ref:4204358)   #22
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the tire strategies overall were quite interesting given the track conditions, track temp, and running in spring rather than fall (lack of data perhaps). trying to think of another race where numerous drivers ended up using all three compounds during the race.

add in that Merc had said before hand that their car would struggle here, im surprised that they opted to send both drivers out with basically the same tire strategies (should add thats what i believe they did - hope im right on that otherwise ignore the point im about to make lol).

while that sort of thinking works when you are the top of the field but when you are not, i dont really get the logic of doing the same thing with both cars...Merc have always been way to conservative imo and as a result i sort of think they are always cocking it up.

are they the new keystone cops?