View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2024, 10:05 (Ref:4205019)   #44
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Well, I first went to Goodwood in 1999 and while I began to find the Revival a little too much of a panto , I adore the MM and have rarely missed one. Frankly, I don't care too much who is driving , I go to watch the cars . The fact they are not exact replicas of their in period counterparts does not keep me awake at night . And as long as drivers can cane the arse of their car , they can be former F1 or BTCC stars , or relative nobodies. As a mere civilian I don't know many drivers but the fact that everyone you meet is happy to chat is testament to a simply wonderful event.
Well, Coppice that means that I am right, and the Commercial Venture is succeeding, also you are right in that regardless of 'tradition' (for want of a better word) the racing is often spectacular, and for many spectators seeing their idols from Touring cars etc. is a major attraction, so who am I to knock it?
I certainly would not criticise (who's he kidding) the running of the event, but like some older types regret the loss of the spirit of the past, when things were friendlier somehow.

We should not fall out over such trivial matters, but I am sorry, you do not qualify for 'Crusty Old Git Status'

Kind regards,

Bob aka Bauble.