View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2024, 16:30 (Ref:4205062)   #47
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Well, Coppice that means that I am right, and the Commercial Venture is succeeding, also you are right in that regardless of 'tradition' (for want of a better word) the racing is often spectacular, and for many spectators seeing their idols from Touring cars etc. is a major attraction, so who am I to knock it?
I certainly would not criticise (who's he kidding) the running of the event, but like some older types regret the loss of the spirit of the past, when things were friendlier somehow.

We should not fall out over such trivial matters, but I am sorry, you do not qualify for 'Crusty Old Git Status'

Kind regards,

Bob aka Bauble.
I'll survive , just . But let's forget that stars and 'slebs' are no stranger to Goodwood. On my early visits I saw lots of names like Gerry Marshall , Mark Knopfler , Rowan Atkinson , Jack Brabham , Derek Bell et al . As for 'idols', leave that to lesser meetings. I don't do hero worship , heaven forfend, but it's an eyeopener for this cynical old git to see the sort of hysteria you get at BTCC and F1.