Thread: WEC FIA WEC calendar
View Single Post
Old 30 Apr 2024, 14:55 (Ref:4207104)   #185
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I Read that article... I like this guy a lot of what he says has been what I have been posting for some time. The two most important races we need on the European part of the calendar, along with France and Italy, are Germany and Great Britain. Porsche vs BMW, on the Nurburgring, even if its the GP circuit, would bring plenty of fans in ( and just might be the incentive to get M-B to take a second look).

Then there's the British, especially with Aston Martin joining the fray next year. And will McLaren have their Hypercar ready? Outside of Le Mans, where else would get even the biggest response of these "Knights of the Monarchy" going head-to-head but on home soil.

As for the Asian tour, Shanghai makes a great addition with Japan (hint hint, Honda. Stop that foot-dragging, Toyota's waiting...) But if not there, there are other alternatives that work, like Kuala Lampoor, or even "Down Under" , as there's a great number of circuits that could definitely work. Remember the 'Race of a thousand years', and I'm sure that many would quite alright with a calendar event.

Just some ideas, but I believe that Laudenbach understands.