Thread: WEC FIA WEC calendar
View Single Post
Old 14 May 2024, 10:54 (Ref:4208910)   #206
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
My only counter to that might b that the bike racing event MotoGP has seen very sever drop[s in crowds in the past couple of years. Basically since Rossi retired, the crowd dropped by 20-30 thousand. Used to be 80k or so I think last year was less than 50
The French MotoGP over the weekend would no doubt argue your point and disagree.....
Quote:
The 2024 Michelin® Grand Prix de France put on an incredible show right to the final lap, and a record-breaking crowd was there to see it. An awe-inspiring 297,471 fans flocked to historic Le Mans across the weekend, making it the highest-attended Grand Prix in history.
Obviously Grand Prix refers to bikes, I presume history refers to the MotoGP era. ie 2002 on.
The weekend record was over 20,000 up on the previous record which incidentally was set last year. (ie Both previous and current records set post Rossi retiring.)