View Single Post
Old 4 May 2000, 16:53 (Ref:5775)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ABC/ESPN runs the race in a two hour window - any two hours that suits them, that is, delayed by golf, tennis, NASCAR, bowling, cheerleading, hair-in-a-can infomercials, you name it.... and whether the race is over or not,when the two hours are up, the race is off the air. No pre-race show, no interviews, no walking the track, etc. And an average of 65-75 commercial interruptions in those two hours, a great many of them flogging products, events and television programs that we in Canada couldn't get if we wanted them!

And of course there are Peter and Parker, which are an acquired taste (some people do like them; I do not), and Bobby Unser, whom NO ONE seems to like except ABC/ESPN.

If I were hiring a broadcast crew, I'd get John Watson and pair him with a well-known retired CART pilote for colour commentary (not Parakeet Johnstone or someone that is out of work because he can't get a drive - someone who retired. Rahal if he doesn't go to Jaguar; maybe Zanardi.)