Thread: Paul Tracy
View Single Post
Old 6 Jul 2003, 21:20 (Ref:654201)   #14
rodrigomarban
Racer

rodrigomarban should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps I exagerated a bit. I meant having a driver like Tracy behind (not only him, any driver who you don't know if he's going to try to pass you in a clean way (which PT has also done sometimes, I accept) or he's going to smash into you (as he usually does), makes it more dangerous. I mean, Paul's "agressive driving" most times becomes "dangerous driving", not only for the other drivers, but also for himself.

I will always think that the problem with Jourdain could have been avoided if Tracy had let Jourdain pass and perhaps try to recover the position in the following turn (which was possible) instead of ruining Michel's race on purpose (After he hit him, he continued accelerating to make him spin in an obvious unsportsmanlike behavior).

Another example of this "dangerous driving" (which happened twice): He smashed against his own teammate (Franchitti), taking both of them into the wall and out of the race.

Another conduct which is not proper of a racecar driver is to overtake before the race has started, not to mention his qualifying blocking strategy that makes him grab pole positions.

Last edited by rodrigomarban; 6 Jul 2003 at 21:22.