View Single Post
Old 13 Nov 2003, 16:06 (Ref:782158)   #29
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris/Jeremy

Blimey where to start !

The Rhodes B48-01 makes sense, we know its the ex-Booth car, I guess he used it both as an F2 and GT. I remember that Libre race, have the programme at home. I can't believe he would have had 2 of them so surely it was 01 in both guises. Unless... he had 3 chassis, 01 which you've noted as definite, the ex-Huub car by rumour, AND Robinsons 08. Would anyone be that daft to get 3 of the things.

The Oxley B49, I also saw at Mallory (we must have been following each other round the Paddock Jeremy, very weird !), I assumed it was a modified F3 B47, but perhaps it was the Hope Scott B49, I may have a picture of it, I'll look tonight.

Moving on, Chris why can't the Lees Macau RT1 be -9, sorry I'm confused too. If we assume it won there in 76 (Jones), and 79 (Lees) brought back for Kennedy, then back out again for Macau in 80 Lees, and finally here for Hawkins in 81. Have I missed something in your analysis.

B42s, I always thought Briggs had the 4 you mentioned first, ie NOT -10. Didn't know that Jim Evans got one of them in 80, did he ever race it, he didn't do any Atlantic or Aurora that year I'm fairly sure. No 2, the one you have as maybe Stokes, I assume thats the one Wainwright had, in Britain, and that Phoenix Park race. The RAM 79 car, -9, I thought stayed here all year. Do you have any connection between RAM and Siller, I'd thought it was probably an ex-Trivellato car, purely on geographic grounds I guess. Are you sure on the 77 car that Millen had, I assumed this was 78-42-01. Might this explain why -10 is 'missing', perhaps thats the Hasemi/Japan car, not 01. I am probably miles off here but could F1R got 01 and 10 mixed up ??

Dan