View Single Post
Old 10 Jan 2004, 05:09 (Ref:833326)   #6
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been shooting with the same 4 1Gb MDs for 2 years now without any problems. Airport x-ray machines won't affect them so don't worry about that. If they did, then you'd have to worry about the HD in your laptop too (along with whatever portable HD you might have). In all the time I've had them, I have dropped them a couple of times, either into soft dirt or straight onto hard concrete from about 6 or 7 feet and haven't suffered any problems with them (or lost any images on them).

The write time can be a bit of a problem if you have a heavy shutter finger as I do. So occasionally, I might miss some action if I’ve filled up the buffer in the camera and have to wait for it to write to the card. But we’re only talking mere seconds for this to happen.

Power wise I haven’t noticed any problem. Seeing how I do have a heavy shutter finger, I always have extra battery packs with me to change out when needed. I probably see the biggest difference in the battery life if I don’t shoot fjpg + raw and only shoot fjpg. Can fill up 2 1Gb cards on one battery pack it seems.

martin