diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few more names :
JOE APPLEGARTH - a legend in Northern Libre
DAVID SUGDEN and subsequently his son TIM starting out in a Royale RP26
JOHN SCOTT_DAVIES in many things - including a V8 Cortina, which he drove to the circuit on the road one night.
HARRY O'BRIEN Lotus 19
RAY DAVIES - still playing in Historics
LES LIPTROT with a sit up and beg Ford Popular
JOHN CHAPPEL [K+N Filters] with indecently fast Minis
KEN Le RICHE with the Le Riche GT, which was subsequently bought by Charlie O'Hara [an Irish boat builder from Blackburn, that world centre of boat building ] Derek Daly tried to sneak out in it one Tuesday night without signing on, but Mr Officious here soon put a stop to that. I remember Mike Blanchet and Eddie Jordan having a disagreement over whose bit of track it was at Oulton one day. This was quickly sorted until Mike's dad made some observation along the lines of 'B£oody Paddys' and old Charlie became a man possessed. The handbags at five paces was hilarious to watch. I'm sure I even saw Mansell smiling at the antics. Anyway, I'm veering off thread, so back to Aintree.
SIR JOHN 'somebody or other' [not Whitmore] in a big engined single seater which he transported half in and half out of the back of an old Jag Estate.
NICK WHITING was a fairly regular visitor, so I assume Charlie must have been with him.
ALAN MINSHAW
FRANK SYTNER
RAY MALLOCK [or maybe Richard] in a BDA engined Mallock
and many, many more.

Last edited by diz; 7 Feb 2004 at 19:06.