View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 2004, 02:21 (Ref:947415)   #16
team drinkalot
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
team drinkalot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gee Chris, so much passion! Your obviously dissappointed as I am about the field sizes. The Sports Sedans are the first cat. I look up on the Natsoft results.
I agree that a few of us built some big budget 2 Lt SS's but at the time I thought that was the way to go at Lakeside. The thought of my Honda beating your EL at Lakeside was the motivation.
I got into SS's because watching Doc, Patto, Danny, etc battling it out at Lakeside was sensational. Cheap Under 2 Lt SS's were the way to go.
It all comes down to the track. Willowbank is s+#t. At least in Victoria they have real race tracks. They have several big budget 2Lt SS,s and this does not drive the also rans away. It's QR.
I would think that now we have Morgan Park that then fields may increase.
Hats off to Woody for starting an Under 2Lt series, isn't that what they have down in Vic. Are the open SS,s crying about that? They seem to attract good numbers all by themselves.
Get out while you can! Change categories, nobody will think less of you. Times change, move with them, don't beat your head against a brick wall.