View Single Post
Old 4 May 2004, 18:20 (Ref:960685)   #67
blossy
Rookie

blossy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kickstart, the cars are out there alright. We can pinpoint most of the 2litre cars with no problem. the only problem is that most of the people who own them either cant run them (because of cost) or wont because of running in mono etc. All the 1700 cars are either owned by Thruxton race school or Matuszak Motorsport apart from a few exceptions.
The 1700 class is now defunct in BARC anyway. Good luck in mono 04 but i notice you live in cheshire so please come and see us at Oulton in July and you will see it is not just young kids running around at the front. I can keep my car well up there and i am 41!. Finally the one make championships have pioneered a level playing field in motorsport without generally letting the costs get silly. of course it is possible to spend 20 to 30k a season if you want but it really isnt necessary. I can run at the front for around 8k and i can assure you my car is absolutely pampered. So all i am trying to say is that BARC Renault is in no way as bad as is being made out, after all BARC seem to like us cos we keep getting title Billing as well as garages at most rounds and the prize money from Renault UK helps as well.