View Single Post
Old 10 Jun 2004, 16:25 (Ref:999826)   #30
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks Baz. I had run out of film in my old EOS 1000 just before I took these two so used a backup of a cheap Nikon Coolpix 2 meg digital. Quite pleased considering.
I just used some freebie Vauxhall ear plugs I picked up at a Toca meeting once. Never need them anywhere else as racing is too quiet these days ( especially Toca!!) not even for F1, but you would in the Monaco tunnel I guess! Could be 'cos I'm deaf anyway from a lifetime of motorsport and Led Zeppelin! But drag racing is something else again noise wise.
It still hurt with the plugs, especially that close with the correct credential. A bit scary too, especially when Top Fuellers launch as often blower belts and bits of molten engine can go everywhere. With 6500 horses all trying to get out at once it's no suprise. I've seen parts go in the stand at the Pod, but this was before the superchargers were tethered for safety as they are now incase of blow-up. That nitro mix from the exhausts really stings the eyes too if you get too close. Must be the most non-eco friendly Motorsport on earth but GREAT! If you have never been you will never understand.