View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2019, 17:46 (Ref:3897732)   #168
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
If I can try to drag this to a slightly more sensible discussion for a while, there are a few unanswered questions.

Entry Fees - we know TCR UK previously charged stupid amounts, will fees now be down to what TCT was going to charge or will TCT up their fees and meeting somewhere in the middle? Or perhaps there will be a standard TCT fee and an additional charge to be registered for TCR UK?

Tyres - TCR UK previously used Yokohama, which I assumed was a multi-year deal. Dunlop TCT obvious uses Dunlop. What happens now?
For the non-championship Spa round, I believe the plan is to run a combined grid of TCR Europe, TCR Benleux and TCR UK cars. If TCT/TCR UK run on Dunlop then will they need to use Yokohama for that race, as that's what Europe/Benelux use.

Will all TCR cars running in TCT be considered part of TCR UK, or will that only apply to some cars. I guess the question is more relevant depending on entry fees and tyres. - i.e. will TCR UK registered cars run on Yoko but TCR-spec cars running in TCT be able to run on Dunlops without being eligible for he 'TCR UK' title.

And finally, what do we actually call the series now? I'm guessing there will still be some element of TCR (tm) branding. Is it "Dunlop Touring Car Trophy featuring TCR UK", or maybe "Dunlop Touring Car Trophy" is now just 2 classes for S2000/NGTC and "TCR UK" is a separate series that just happens to share track time.

Sorry if some of that sounds a bit nerdy / pedantic.
the real question is does anyone care?
as a standalone series it collapsed after just one year despite all the hype.

why? because they couldn’t find enough competitors.

why? because it was obviously unwanted and unneeded.

end of story.