View Single Post
Old 5 Mar 2024, 15:50 (Ref:4200090)   #64
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
The more I think about the race, the more disheartened I have been. I am struggling to think of a season in F1 ever (or since the early 80s when I first started to take notice of F1) where the WDC AND the WCC have been less predictable after the opening round.

I guess the Horner situation could lead to a massive split between the team and Max's dad, resulting in on-track repercussions for their no.1 driver. However, Max himself seems to be handing the whole saga quite sensibly and with a straight bat - fair play to him. But really I want that whole silly soap opera to go away so that the dull and predictable racing can continue unsullied by anything of actual interest like a love affair, or a finger pic - perhaps I am a true F1 fan??