View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2007, 19:49 (Ref:1892353)   #9
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicktsax
now i posted this as what YOU would like to see made into race cars, not what will actually happen. i would also like to see the nissan gtr made into a gt1 car. the regs say you can have up to a 4 liter turbo motor. the new gtr should have anywhere from a 3.0 to a 3.6 turbo V6 in road trim but the engine itself can be stretched to 4 liters no prob. i mean the past skylines dominated the old JGTC series in the past so i'm sure nissan wouldn't have too much of a problem making them into competitive gt1 cars. hech the budget on their current Z car in the GT500 class in the supergt series is just as large as the vettes in alms
a 3.6 or 4 liter turbo 650-700 HP motor, with light wt carbon fiber body at 2600 lbs AND that motor can last 3, 12 or 24 hours?

cant wait to see it happen.

Maybe a 4 liter non turbo in GT2 would be more suited to the competition.

Racing in ones own country and NOT racing on the european or ALMS with the attempt to sell cars in the european and North American markets, just doesnt make business sence.

YES those budgets in JGTC are huge, but they need to get their butts out of Japan to prove their worth. and until they do talk is cheap.

anyway YES a Nissan in GT2 would be great, GT1 ?? well . . . .