Thread: A2gp?
View Single Post
Old 19 Jul 2008, 20:08 (Ref:2254077)   #1
rychard
Rookie

rychard has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
A2gp?

I found this quite interesting .....

A2 to launch soon? Written by sw Wednesday, 16 July 2008 At a press conference shortly before the Durban A1GP event Tony Teixeira spoke briefly about a proposed A2GP series.
It seems as though the series will be using the now obsolete Lola built cars in a detuned form and the series could be based right here in sunny South Africa where it would run as a 'summer series' to mirror the A1GP championship.
SAIL Sport and Entertainment is behind the launch of the new SA A1GP car next week and reading between the lines it will also be involved in the A2GP series. With SAIL involved in A2 it means that Selwyn Nathan would be back in the picture and maybe also a former major player in South African motorsport.
We've also learnt it will mirror the A1GP season and run as a 'summer series' which would set it apart from the existing Wesbank Super Series and Pro-Tour. Another hint to the format of the series comes from the A1GP Gauteng invite which carries a little logo for Gauteng Motorsport Company ..... could there be more for KZN Motorsport Company or Cape Motorsport Company or Free State Motorsport Company etc? We'll have to wait and see, but if I was a betting man, I'd be running to the bookies.

...... any one care to speculate further