Thread: A2gp?
View Single Post
Old 24 Jul 2008, 09:35 (Ref:2257065)   #6
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa
I think A2GP is interesting for China, too.

Maybe they can have A2GP as a national series and the car(s) represent different cities/provinces of that country. Just like a national football league.
An interesting idea ASA and I'd strongly support it, but unfortunately I think the vast majority of people here are just very nationalistic and will only watch Chinese national teams and not provincial competitions. Nobody watches Chinese Super League football (although that's perhaps due to the perception that the match officials are corrupt) for example. What China really needs is a decent kart track in each major city and for a strong national kart competition that young drivers could develop their skills in. An A2GP competition would be a logical extension of that. Sadly it won't happen as the Chinese government are only interested in major events that show off China's emergence onto the world stage.

If it did happen what colours would the provinces race in?

Same goes for other countries like Pakistan I think. I don't see the point of an A1GP team with nothing below, but A2GP alone won't develop things, the kids need somewhere to start.

End of my rant!