Thread: Picture Puzzles
View Single Post
Old 31 Jul 2020, 10:22 (Ref:3991820)   #18
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
So perhaps Cooper was doing a similar thing with their new shape & saying that it fitted better on the trailer , rather than giving information away to everyone else that it was a step forward in aerodynamic design
It came about because Owen Maddock had been studying the work of Professor Wunibald Kamm and wanted to implement such an arrangement on a new car.
John Cooper was sceptical about the silhouette, and so explained the design as being to fit into the transporter, until the aero benefits were proven.

More details of the work by Maddock on this design, and Cooper's response, can be found in Doug Nye's 2003 book - 'Cooper Cars'. ISBN 0-7603-1709-7.