Thread: Team Ferrari: in F1
View Single Post
Old 5 Oct 2018, 15:38 (Ref:3854716)   #168
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
pretty thinly veiled advertising imo...thought that was #illegal!
Haha. This is just PMI pushing the boundaries with respect to what is allowed. Just like in racing you have to work around the edges of what is allowable and what is not to find that competitive advantage. Find that loophole and exploit it! Or... maybe both Ferrari and their corporate sponsors are both blatant cheaters!!!

On the serious side...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
If Ferrari did something illegally they would be disqualified. Simple as that.
I would agree with this, or at least say something more "negative" would happen to them. But I suspect what is going on is not quite black and white. So there may be something creative going on, but also not exactly illegal (or not quite "black enough" on the spectrum from white to black to deem illegal). But it likely something that the rule makers didn't exactly account for in the rules, but also don't like and have said... please don't do that, or better yet... be very careful about how you do this (as maybe there is room for abuse if not monitored... hence the additional monitoring/sensors!) I am mostly repeating what was said in the Scarbs video that was posted earlier in which his commentary seems very believable to me. All in all, I think Ferrari is being creative, which I like.

Richard