View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 2014, 08:41 (Ref:3367244)   #145
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
Or they simply have "nothing" dramatic to show ? Honestly, it's a bit of wishful thinking to assume that Toyota necessarily have a "secret weapon" to hide because of the limited number of TS040 shots available at this hour. Porsche and Audi have already finalized their respective concepts (which we have not seen in their final form) and they are unlikely to change avenues at such a late development stage.

As far as Toyota are concerned, I have learned to keep my level of expectation low.
Right. Like the endplate wing extensions? Or like the teeth shaped front diveplanes? Those aren't items youd like to keep secret? I think youre being a bit pessimistic, tbh. I said a solution they dont want other teams to see, not a "secret weapon". You see about Porsche running camo on their car to hide its lines. The good thing about Toyota is they aren't extravagant or braggarts. Testing things in secret is something more than just they do. Matter of fact, they even mentioned the reasons on their european blog for the secretism- http://blog.toyota.eu/2014/01/30/int...-ts040-hybrid/
Quote:
Road-relevant it may be, but don’t expect to see much of the TS040 HYBRID in the next few weeks. With all LMP1 manufacturers pushing to the limit to find additional performance, TOYOTA Racing is taking no chances and will be keeping the TS040 HYBRID under wraps until the official WEC test at the end of March.

Please be patient, we all hope the wait will be worthwhile!