View Single Post
Old 20 Jan 2016, 00:39 (Ref:3606430)   #10
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
15 years ago, it was one of the best series in the world. It's an absolute laughing stock now. After the confusion (and slight rage) wore off, I pictured the FOX clowns talking this up, explaining and over-analyzing it during the first 20 broadcasts of the year. Media "propaganda" happens when the TV contracts with the series come first (looking at the NFL and ALL networks).

To put a nail in all three series now for me, we get to enjoy the "playoffs" for the lower 2 as well:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ries/79001538/

I hate plate racing but I am sure I'll find myself with a beverage watching the sh*tshow that is the 500 now, cause I am a glutton for punishment.
Where is Nascar's Robin Miller? Love him or hate him, he says what he thinks and gives the fan a voice even if he disagrees with it. I'm sure most are fearful they will have their credentials pulled or maybe they get fined like the drivers do for speaking their mind (what's left of it).

No so very long ago "Nascar Dads" was a term people used regularly. When was the last time anyone heard that? Why not look at what changed with the product over the decline? They blame everything on outside variables such as the economy. Well, we've had lots of different economies since the ratings started to decline and they rolled the tarps over the stands.

They have kept fixing it until it's FUBAR. I'm not sure how many people realize that there is a sanctioning body that takes Bernie Ecclestone's sound bite ideas and actually puts them into to action.

I've watched stock car racing my whole life. We listened to the races on the radio since many weren't on TV (but the stands were packed). When I was 12 I waited in line at their new store to spend my allowance on crap they were peddling. I bought my ticket to the 1997 race with my earnings from a part-time job in HS. I remember because they were $80 back then and that was in temporary overflow bleachers... the same year that they expanded capacity to 120k. I still watched every Nascar race after I discovered road racing. I'm their fan base. Ask me why I stopped watching and going.