Thread: Spa Six Hours
View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 2018, 08:56 (Ref:3851398)   #143
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I'm still a bit of a newbie, having only done the race 5 times, but this was the shortest yet. The circuit does have a curfew, so however late the race starts, it has to finish on time. IMHO the organisers need to work on the timetable a bit. At the briefing they blamed last year's late start on competitors being slow to get onto the grid. This year we were 1/2 hr late being allowed onto the grid, so don't think we could have done any more!
I was there with the Delta crew some years back and as I recall the race started about 20+ minutes late then and maybe finished, effectively, a few minutes early.

I think I've looked at the results for most years - maybe all years - since then and as far as I recall the pattern has always been much the same give or take a few minutes.

Of course if one was running a potentially winning car with a high fuel consumption and wished to try to avoid at least one fuel stop the shortened race and a few safety car laps might not be considered a bad thing - at least in concept. Especially if the driving team was adept at night racing.