Old 20 Jan 2018, 17:37 (Ref:3794033)   #35
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvincent View Post
In 2016, I had the start and park program for GS. This was a fantasy team that only ran the minimal amount of time and a driver change. So each race consisted of 50 minutes of run time and them park the car. That year, I would have finished 5th in GS points and got around $30K in prize money. With IMSA only paying the top 5 now, the prize money is not good but I'll keep a season total and see what the start and park program garners in ST for this year.

Best part for ST is it's only 3 teams and one has 3 cars entered. So, the chance of all 5 making it past the 50 minute mark for the season is not going to happen. So, I know that a 6th is an automatic but i might be on the tail of 5th. When I did this in GS, I almost took 4th and that was from a car that ran the whole season.

Yes ST went from 20 to 5 for this year but GS went from 21 to 31. On the other hand, I ran there when over 50 were in ST for that race and at least 40 full time cars. I'm glad I got to run in that class when it was at a record high. Those days are now gone.
Fair point on the GS class jumping up to 31 entries, that's massive. I kind of glossed over the gain and only looked at the loss of one of my favorite classes, historically speaking. I'm definitely looking forward to the race on Friday either way.

Am I correct in my googling that you owned V-Pack?