View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 2010, 11:45 (Ref:2743003)   #5
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So British F3 could almost become the new F3 Euro Series - and we just about lose our top national series. It sounds like what happened in France and Germany all over again. If the F3ES teams found their series too expensive to maintain a presence when GP3 came along, then surely British F3 expanding into Europe will face similar problems?

It's sad that with GP3's British visit being inaccessible for fans, potentially no more F3ES at Brands and F2 being a complete irrelevance, the choice of sub GP2/WSbR single seater meetings to visit (and have paddock access) will drop dramatically.

I usually make it to Oulton (and the much closer Thruxton this year). At least Thruxton could stay which like Oulton is always worth visiting from a photography/paddock access/good racing standpoint. Silverstone, Donington and Rockingham don't offer a good spectator experience as far as I'm concerned, so I never attend those rounds.