Thread: MONZA HISTORIC
View Single Post
Old 4 Jul 2017, 15:10 (Ref:3748905)   #37
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
How did you enjoy, Museo Storica Alfa Romeo, Mike?

It's somewhere I've long been intending to visit, & was already thinking of the idea of combining it with a trip to Monza next year - two places I've never been & want to visit.

I've heard stories in the past about a wonderful book/model shop within the circuit somewhere that was supposed to be worth a visit. No idea if it still exists though.
The Museo has some wonderful cars, and the layout is very simple. Not huge amount though. Each car has plenty of space until you get to the T33s and more modern racers, where they are lined up. There is a glass wall of models that I could have spent ages looking at, but it was getting late and I was 'hank marvin'

There is a model shop inside the circuit, next to the bar / cafe and clothing shops. I looked in but most of the stuff spotted was at 'the lower end' of the market. I didn't get a chance to investigate further.

Just walking through the trees and coming upon the old banking is worth a trip to Monza alone, regardless of anything else. Then trying to climb it....