Thread: IMSA: USCR 2018
View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2017, 19:22 (Ref:3749155)   #258
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The trade of rumor and speculation in motorsports journalism is a long time tradition. Silly Season is a common thread of conversation for fans of most professional series, that includes driver, team, and manufacturer movement.

I think Marshall Pruett does publish rumors and he broke Honda before the manufacturer has confirmed the program, but he doesn't just throw out unfounded fairy tales for clicks.

On Dagys, he goes to the source, interviews relevant people, and then publishes his findings with a story and conclusions based on that interview, and I'm sure what he's been seeing and hearing from the paddock. Sometimes 2 and 2 don't always equal 4 in racing, especially when it comes to manufacturers making commitments to a championship.

But I really don't understand the "Honda/Acura/Penske isn't happening" crowd. Where does that story come from? What are the sources that are confirming American Honda will not be in IMSA Prototype next year? Are they committed? No. We have to wait for a formal commitment, but measured phrases don't equal an out and out denial of participation.

Chris