Thread: IMSA: USCR 2018
View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2017, 21:37 (Ref:3749180)   #264
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
I think I've failed to make my point.
Or ... I failed to grasp your point. Either way ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
As far as the rumor goes, this appears to be a really solid one.
I never really looked at it as a rumor. Not every plan which is discussed is just a rumor. As I understand it, both Roger Penske and Honda have an interest in running a DPi ... but the intent is step one, and the cash is countless steps later ....

I have seen him put up (what I assume to be) some of his own money (putting Penske Trucks branding on an IndyCar when he couldn't get a sponsor) but that is about as far as the Captain is willing to pay to play.

If Honda cannot come up with a budget and a timetable and the proper suite of support people Roger will say .. nothing because he won't be around. He's got stuff to do.

I wasn't mentioning Chevy In IndyCar to say Roger was 100% a Chevy guy ... just that he wouldn't be annoying his IndyCar engine supplier if he didn't accept Honda's offer for a DPi program for 2018. He has no eggs in that basket except whatever he chooses to put there.

He could chose to go or to let go at no cost to himself.

I repeat, I hope the program comes together. The Caddys are good, and the teams are pretty slick, but Penske Racing is generally on another level.