View Single Post
Old 21 Feb 2016, 14:30 (Ref:3616492)   #23
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
Good luck with that! Are the tires on VLC confidential? I mean, does the tires belong to the teams or the manufacturers? If they are owned by the teams it means that the tires will not feature special chemical secrets in their compounds.

Michelin have been domintating the N24 for years and you only see Dunlop, Pirelli shod cars way down the grid(I remember last year that the best Pirelli car was a Bentley and it qualified 6s behind the Bentley Michelin and race pace was 4s slower). Is there a big price difference between Dunlop and Michelin? If not, I reckon you guys would be way better off on Michelins
We tested Michelin and Dunlop back to back at Spa.
We stayed on Dunlop.

All top teams use confidential tires.

At Hockenheimring at the sport Auto Test we did pretty well on our Dunlops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QXhuy_AarY

At our last VLN race which as I said was won by a Dunlop car and where we finished second we did an 8:01 which isn't too bad.

We also remain hopeful about the Tires Dunlop are working on for our street legal car and look forward to seeing what sort of Ring time she'll do.

We'll also unrestrict and unballast our race car at some point and have a go at Stephen's record on our Dunlops.

If any of you are at the 12 Hours of Mugello, (One tire race/ Hankook) any VLN's or the N24 please say Hello.