Thread: Lewis Hamilton
View Single Post
Old 7 Jul 2002, 23:17 (Ref:329058)   #2
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In fact it was I who posted the thread in question, its something of a pet issue of mine, as it seems ridiculous, but as everyone has said, we don't want a token black driver, we want ideally the world's 22 best drivers, of whom you would expect more than 1 to not be white or Oriental.

I have seen Lewis race and he looks extremely impressive, I've certainly seen nothing to suggest that he isn't giood enough for F1, but showing that you are good enough is a lot harder in such beginner-level championships. It may well be that because of the Mercedes backing he's had, his development has occurred earlier than most, and perhaps he will reach the limit of his abilities earlier than others. Undoubtedly getting him into F1 would be great marketing kudos for Mercedes.