View Single Post
Old 13 Jul 2020, 11:34 (Ref:3987895)   #15
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I'd like to say McLaren - but the reality is that Mercedes have just got such a huge margin over the rest of the field that this was a depressingly easy 1-2.

The worrying thing is that Mercedes have such a big advantage that they could probably not bother with developments on this years car and still win easily. They can then start work on next years car and make sure that's the class of the field as well. The only saving grace there is that this years Ferrari is so poor they may as well start on next years car and just give up on this year.
I thought part of the postponement of the new regs originally planned for next year, postponed due to covid and as a cost saving measure, was that next years cars had to be very closely aligned to what we have now, or at least the basic chassis was to be maintained. In essence there will be no 'new cars' per se but just slight evolutions of what we have.
(How that affects a team like McLaren, who are changing from Renault power to Mercedes I have no idea)
Happy to be corrected but that is my understanding.