View Single Post
Old 5 Dec 2019, 08:41 (Ref:3944909)   #375
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I remember you mentioning this in your FIA GT retrospectives for Speedhunters (that seems another lifetime ago) and always wondered what happened between the three cars considering there’s hardly any footage of the 97 season on YouTube and yet you can find highlights of the entire 98 Mercedes whitewash..

Speedhunters? Ten years gone, yes, a lifetime ago............that was fun to do but they descended into fanboi and internet yogi level..........my face no longer fitted, pity as I enjoyed the work (and the money).

Thinking back to Spa '97 there was no love lost between the factory Porsche drivers and Gounon. Jean-Marc was held accountable by some of them for the accident that put Bob Wollek out of Le Mans a few weeks earlier.

Early on Sunday morning Bob, leading the race he wanted to win more than anything else, tried to lap Gounon's Gulf McLaren but was held up for three laps. Then coming out of Arnage he lost control and clouted the barriers heavily and was forced to retire. Later, Norbert Singer attributed the incident to be the result of a broken driveshaft but in the minds of some, Gounon was to blame. Some others thought Bob had lost his cool and messed up............