View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2018, 00:36 (Ref:3809237)   #284
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Slightly off topic, but how do most people rate the chances of the IMSA/WEC double header at Sebring 2019 actually going ahead? I thought there were representatives from the ACO and FIA there on the weekend to discuss the logistics etc so I suppose we will have to be patient. I am hoping to make a holiday in Florida next year for the St Pete Indy/ Sebring double and an IMSA/WEC double header could be the decider. If this is covered in another thread please excuse my lack of diligence.
Neveu, Fillon, Beaumesnil and other senior WEC/ACO personal were all there, even said bonjour to them when they visited turn 17 to have a close look trackside (giving them the opportunity to mock the Mini's in Conti Challenge bouncing their way all the way thru the turn!) They did plenty of laps in several IMSA cars and spend quite a bit of time on the deck of the Weathertech VIP tent right before turn 17. Never saw them in Scott Atherton's presence though. The discussions were scheduled for Sunday (yesterday) I believe.

I'm fairly convinced the double-header will be on next year, just not sure about a lot of details/issues that need to be ironed out.