Thread: WEC WEC 2019/20 season
View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2019, 20:52 (Ref:3925469)   #622
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Frankly, I'm intrigued why you insist on calling it Onroak JSP217 or simply Onroak in all of your posts while everybody else including its constructor is calling it a Ligier JSP217.
Onroak/Oak is the actual constructor, Ligier just the rebranded title. I always prefer to call the cars by what they actually are, especially if the rebranded name is an actual road car manufacturer - like Ligier - that's dubbed to get all the glory even if they have very little to do with the products

So of the current prototype bunch for example

Ligier JSP217 = Onroak JSP217
Alpine whatever = Oreca 07
Aurus whatever = Oreca 07
Rebellion R13 = Oreca R13 (calling it Rebellion is okayish thou since not road car manufacturer )
SMP BR1 = Dallara BR1 (calling it SMP is/was okayish thou since not road car manufacturer)
"Mazda DPi" = Riley MK30 Mazda
"Cadillac DPi" = Dallara P217 Cadillac
"Acura DPi" = Oreca 07 Acura
"Nissan DPi" = Onroak JSP217 (nothing Nissan except copypasted GT3 engine so I refuse even partial OEM recognizition)

Kolles CLM is a big ??? since I don't know what to make of the old Adess-Kodewa-Praga mess so you might just as well refer to it as what it is called by the team, and it's not like they're using some rebranded car manufacturer title anyway so it's ok

Last edited by Deleted; 2 Sep 2019 at 21:05.