View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 2006, 09:26 (Ref:1640711)   #88
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex E
I am still curious about the ch # 62 that was sold to BMW GB in red colour, I can only think this was because od a sponsor they had lined up. As when you ordered one of these cars / kits you could choose the colour. The Bastos / Juma cars were delivered in red, all of the JPS cars were delivered in black, etc.....
Yes Alex me too!

I've racked my brains a helluva lot about this no. 62 and it keeps taking me towards a possible news story pre '85 season. IIRC CC/BMW GB hadn't said they weren't going to do the series again until very late in the day?

Although I don't have the snippets to hand, MN particularly at the time was trying to get an angle on BMW GB's plans. There may have even been a story doing the rounds that Schnitzer were being asked by BMW GB to do the season or some guest rounds? I'm nowhere near sure on that though.

I agree with your thoughts about pre ordering a colour also. Could it be that the importer had lined up a new team/sponsor which subsequently fell through?

I suspect one of 3 things.

1/ BMW GB aquired an extra car with the thought of the CC deal continuing.

2/ This was a new planned effort which fell through.

3/ The Schnitzer invitation (BMW GB) car i referred to above?

Bet it's nothing as exciting as any of these though!!!

Someone will know, but will they be able to confirm it?!!