View Single Post
Old 26 Jun 2006, 16:53 (Ref:1641778)   #95
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian beckett
I found a request for help from a guy called Gerry Hodges who is the president of the New Zealand BMW club.He is the present owner of the ex-Barrie Williams Gp N car built by Ted Grace and delivered to Malcolm Gartlan Racing.He suggests the car is chassis number E24 RA2/46.He goes on to say he had heard the car was crashed in testing and was rebuilt in Group A spec'? He now runs the car in historic racing in New Zealand and from the two small pictures which accompany the article it certainly has the stance of a group A machine!He says he has a letter from BMW Motorsports confirming the chassis provenance.
I'm not sure I want to suggest this, but if #46 was the Group N car, then does that mean there may be an additional ex-Sytner Group A car (ie the second car built in 84) we still haven't accounted for?- and could this give any clue as to the identity of the car raced by the South Africans at the 85 TT?

In other words, what did Frank sell to NZ- 2x Group A cars as we originally thought, a Group A and a Group N (since rebuilt to GpA in NZ), or two x Group A, one of which had been rebuilt from a Group N car?